cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/fop/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:28:14 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Does this mean we can now reference images using all Cocoon protocols?
> I mean also for <fo:external-graphic src=""/> and similar?

Yes, this is possible by including the image into an SVG image in the FO

>>   +        SourceProtocolHandler.setup(this.resolver);
> And this by only such a simple change? Woah!!

No, it's not that simple, as you have to include the image into a SVG. A
colleague made some patches to FOP to avoid this, but this injects
Cocoon-specific code deep into FOP.

> This would be worth a mentioning in status.xml, Sylvain, as this
> solves frequently asked questions on FOP/Batik.

Done (I forgot to commit it this afternoon).

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message