cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Commons Logging, Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/WEB-INF web.xml
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:15:50 GMT
vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:

>       <!--
>  +      This parameter allows to set system properties
>  +    -->
>  +    <!--
>  +    <init-param>
>  +      <param-name>force-property</param-name>
>  +      <param-value>
>  +        org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogKitLogger
>  +      </param-value>
>  +    </init-param>
>  +    -->

So if you are using anything relying on Commons Logging, you can send
its logs to LogKit by uncommenting this parameter.

I left this commented out because logkit is not available in the servlet
container's classpath (by default), thus anything which uses Commons
Logging and is not a part of Cocoon webapp will fail to initialize its
logger.

Vadim