cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon HttpSession implement javax HttpSession
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:07:10 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Would anyone be opposed to making
>> org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpSession implement
>> javax.servlet.http.HttpSession?
>

> Yes, me. I'm -1 on this.
>

>> It already does actually implement it's non-deprecated methods but
>> does not declare it, so cannot be cast or used polymorphic-ly.  See
>> below trail from users for what seems to be valid use-case.
>
> Underlying Http* objects are already available [1] for the integration
> with legacy applications, so there is no reason to hard code dependency
> on Http* into the Cocon core. Vice versa, we are trying to move away
> from this dependency, as far and as fast as possible.

Don't see how this would introduce any new core dependency - the
affected class is in the http impl of env.  I'm aware of the legacy
helpers below, but Session is not exposed.

Are you saying the best-practice method of getting a javax HttpSession
is to get the Request using the legacy helper methods below and call its
getSession()?

Geoff