cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon HttpSession implement javax HttpSession
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:36:59 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Would anyone be opposed to making
> org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpSession implement
> javax.servlet.http.HttpSession?

Yes, me. I'm -1 on this.

> It already does actually implement it's non-deprecated methods but
> does not declare it, so cannot be cast or used polymorphic-ly.  See
> below trail from users for what seems to be valid use-case.

Underlying Http* objects are already available [1] for the integration
with legacy applications, so there is no reason to hard code dependency
on Http* into the Cocon core. Vice versa, we are trying to move away
from this dependency, as far and as fast as possible.

Vadim

[1] See:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/http/HttpEnvironment.html#HTTP_REQUEST_OBJECT

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/http/HttpEnvironment.java?r1=1.2&r2=1.3