cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Character Conversion Trouble with Cocoon 2.1.3 and Resin 2.1.12
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:49:22 GMT
Hello Thomas,

in theory it should already work as we set the input encoding when
parsing the resulting byte array:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/jsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/JSPGenerator.java?annotate=1.2#123
(line 123). This works at least for Tomcat, so I don't know if Resin has
just a bug there. Maybe the servlet gurus can tell us more about the
possible downsides of this patch. Unico, you have been the last one
touching it :)

BTW, the common parts of the different implementations of JSPEngine
interface have been factored out of them into new classes
JSPEngineServletConfig, *OutputStream, *Request, *Response. So it's only
  one place where this has to be changed:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/jsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jsp/JSPEngineServletResponse.java?annotate=1.1#78

Joerg