cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject [CForms] Changing the JXPathBindingBase.java
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:51:23 GMT
Regularly I have a problem with NPEs in binding when the binding
references an ID which does not exist in the definition. The NPE is
thrown in ValueJXPathBinding.java, line 129. What I want to add is to
throw an Exception before depending on a null test on the widget.
Therefore the method should declare that it throws a checked exception.

Has anybody any objections against the change of
public abstract void doLoad(Widget frmModel, JXPathContext jxpc);
public abstract void doLoad(Widget frmModel, JXPathContext jxpc) throws
BindingException;
in org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.JXPathBindingBase.java, line 149?

Joerg