cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Are flowscript functions reentrant?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:46:21 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

>Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> writes:
>

>>Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>>

>>>Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> asks:

>>>Ok, now have 2.1.4-dev from last night working.  It only runs as an
>>>expanded EAR file (we deploy Cocoon in an EAR to JBoss).
>>>

>>When running
>>

>>>as a standard EAR I get the source resolver issues discussed
>>>

>>elsewhere
>>

>>>in this thread.
>>>

>>It appears a URLSource whose  exists()  method  returns true
>>but whose
>>getInputStream() method returns null is being returned for "/org".
>>Anyone know why that would be? I couldn't recreate this on Windows.
>>Peter, are you running on Unix? <Speculation>The jar entry "/org" is
>>being returned</Speculation>.
>>

>No, I'm running under Windows, but as I said we also deploy as an EAR
>under Jboss.  When I deploy expanded (the EAR is not Jarred up), the
>error does not occur (go figure)....

<More Speculation>Perhaps it has something to do with the JBoss class
loader's getResource()<More Speculation>

>>>Unfortunately, the reentrancy problem is NOT fixed (sigh)....
>>>

>>What error do you get?
>>

>Same as before; last request from a SendPage* into the pipeline clobbers
>the previous requests if they are running on the samepline.
>
>To recreate build a long running pipeline (we're returning about 1,000
>rows out of a possible 9,000,000 rows in our case) and call it twice
>with different request parameters that are supposed to return different
>results:  Eg; a generator that wraps request generator and sleeps for 30
>seconds or so before returning.

The problem I fixed in 2.1.4-dev was with aggregating multiple pipelines
that used <map:call function>.  I don't know what's causing the problem
in your case. If I have time I'll try to recreate and debug it.