cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Are flowscript functions reentrant?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:20:08 GMT
It appears the source resolver used by the compiling class loader was 
able to resolve a Source for one of your Java classes but 
Source.getInputStream() returned null. Since clearly you weren't using 
the compiling class loader previously, this seems odd. I'm not sure 
what's causing this. Can you provide more information? What class was 
being loaded when this occurred? Can you set a breakpoint in 
CompilingClassLoader and find out what type of Source was returned?

Assuming that the above _is_ what's happening, a possible fix might be 
to modify CompilingClassLoader as follows:

    class SourceReaderFactory implements JavaSourceReaderFactory {
        public JavaSourceReader
            getSourceReader(final String className)
            throws IOException {
            Source src = getSource(className);
            if (src == null) return null;
            try {
                InputStream is = src.getInputStream();
                if (is == null) {
                    return null;
                }
                ...


Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

>Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> writes:
> 
>  
>
>>>From your description, sounds like someone extended a class 
>>provided by 
>>the container which is declared final in Tomcat but not in Jetty. Can 
>>you set a breakpoint on VerifyError and find out which class it is?
>>    
>>
>
>Our messages must have crossed in the ether... :-)
>
>Cleaned up the cocoon.xconf and got rid of the persistent/transient
>problem.  Had to add javacApi-0.9 and javaImpl-0.9 libs to my build, now
>things are starting up but on submitting my first POST (continuation to
>flowscript) I get:
>
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Scanner.setSource(Scanner.java:
>2979)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:7106)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.dietParse(Parser.java:47
>33)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.beginToCompile(Compiler.java:
>289)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:324)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.tempuri.javacImpl.eclipse.JavaCompilerImpl.compile(JavaCompilerImpl.
>java:394)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.CompilingClassLoader.co
>mpile(CompilingClassLoade
>r.java:363)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.CompilingClassLoader.fi
>ndClass(CompilingClassLoa
>der.java:99)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaPackage.getPkgProperty(NativeJavaPackag
>e.java:181)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaPackage.get(NativeJavaPackage.java:156)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getProp(ScriptRuntime.java:723)
>11:16:25,281 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
>ontinuationInterpreter.ja
>va:677)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
>ontinuationInterpreter.ja
>va:190)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.ContinuationInterpreter.interpret(C
>ontinuationInterpreter.ja
>va:138)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.continuations.InterpretedFunctionImpl.call(Interp
>retedFunctionImpl.java:12
>1)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1244)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptableObject.callMethod(ScriptableObject.java
>:1591)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpret
>er.handleContinuation(FOM
>_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:786)
>11:16:25,297 ERROR [STDERR]     at
>org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invo
>ke(CallFunctionNode.java:
>150)
>
>
>
>  
>


Mime
View raw message