cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon + "private" project + CVS use, best practice?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:03:11 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 02 Feb 2004, at 15:37, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
>
>> What I do now is modify the files in a running Tomcat webapp to quickly
>> test/develop. I really like this due to the speed of development.
>> Following
>> the setup of the Wiki page, I will loose this speed. I'll think this
>> over,
>> but if anyone has comments please provide them.
>

> Rant: I have lost precious files on several occasions using this
> practice. I know many people use this practice since it's easy, but
> it's not foolproof. At the office, I get almost physically abused if I
> mention the practice, let alone use or advocate it. :-)

Can you set up a web cam in your office? ;-)

To say something on-topic:
Current project of mine contains all the necessary jars build from the
Cocoon in its webapp, and I run this webapp right from CVS, using tomcat
which I start in debug from IntelliJ IDEA. Any changed files are picked
up, and changed sources can be recompiled & reloaded without stopping
debugger.

To update Cocoon, I need to update separate CVS project, build it, and
copy Cocoon's jars into my webapp's lib folder.

Vadim