cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Users list moderators [Fwd: Re: [HELP]Unable to get transformer handler for factium/.xsl]
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:45:52 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 02 Feb 2004, at 15:16, Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>>
>>> yup, and would be good to do this *before* their customers start
>>> disclosing confidential data to the list.
>>

>> In Dutch?
>>
>> Geoff

> Andrew and I are doing the moderation ATM. I have been moderating all
> the Factium mails through. I have called Factium this morning to inform
> them of the problem: "They would look into it." Rest assured that that
> I'm following up closely and do not intend to disclose real confidential
> info.
>
> IMHO, we should get rid of this too-fancy feature of the default error
> pages. Users who arrive there and can't figure out what to do next
> should not get in touch with any of the Cocoon lists, but with their
> consultants/developers/whatelse.
>
> How about dropping the mailto: link for the 2.1.4 release?

I'd sort of agree.  The problem is that the same error page is presented
to devs while they are trying out samples, where that sort of message is
useful (even if it should be tweaked).  I guess we could expect that a
developer would know where to look for help when an error occurs and we
could omit it entirely.

An alternative would be to have the email, or even the whole message
block be a configurable setting which would be easy for admins to find
and customize while they are cutting and pasting that sitemap snippet
(presumably what they've done).

Geoff