cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HEAD not building with Java 1.3.x
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:00:34 GMT

Unico Hommes wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>I'm not through with all the mails but I've just encountered
>>a problem when building under Java 1.3. Could it be that the
>>included geronimo-spec-jta-DEV-20040116.jar in the slide
>>block is compiled with a
>>1.4 compiler?
>

> Yes, it was. I was unaware this would cause problems. OK I've replaced
> it now with one compiled against 1.3. Did that fix the problem?

No, I still get a

/home/giacomo/cvs/apache/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/slide/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/slide/impl/ContextTxFileContentStore.java:73:

cannot access javax.transaction.xa.XAResource
bad class file:
/home/giacomo/cvs/apache/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/slide/lib/geronimo-spec-jta-DEV-20040202.jar(javax/transaction/xa/XAResource.class)
class file has wrong version 48.0, should be 47.0
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
     public void setParameters(Hashtable parameters)

Normally the 'wrong version' message indicates java version conflicts.

--
Giacomo Pati