cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1.4?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:11:55 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>

>>+1 for me
>>
>>I'd also like to know your oppinions about using the new
>>http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/... location to (maybe in
>>addition for the 2.1.4 release) place the dist (would be
>>/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/cocoon/distributions/ on
>>minotaur.apache.org).
>>
>>I use a script to place all the cocoon block, and the cocoon core jars
>>as well as the  war and dist files into such repositories (yes, we use
>>Maven for our project builds and such a remote repository comes in handy
>>for us). What do you think about placing such jars there as well (I'd
>>voloteer for this)?
>>

> Great, especially if you do the work :)

:)

I'll make a bin dir in the root (or should I use the tools/bin dir) to
put the script into so everybody can have a look at it and do whatever
they like to do with it for their personal us.

> But: I see a sense in putting our jars there, I'm not so sure what the use
> in putting also the distribution (the src) there is?

If you look at the repository structure proposed there you'll have
distributions directory as well (BTW: IIRC Avalon has put all their
dists there). It's just a (more or less) normed place to put dists at
(probably in respect to what Maven has proposed)

--
Giacomo Pati