cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: An idea - transformer logicsheets.
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 00:27:21 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> We are slowly deprecating server pages in favor of more MVC+ approaches
> (that is: flows control + business objects + view templates)
>
> In Cocoon 2.2, XSP will probably move to their own block and removed
> from the core (this means they will still be supported, but not
> considered core technology and not advocated as "the way").

I still find the esql taglib to be a very useful and easy way to go from
  SQL query to an XML document.  If xsp is deprecated, the only other
way to easily do this is the SQLTransformer, but it is lacking many of
the features that the esql taglib has.

Maybe adding support for iterating through ResultSets in a JXTemplate
might make this easier to do from flow?  Or is this already possible?

cheers,
-steve