cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flowscript and return to pipeline
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:49:01 GMT
Le Jeudi, 26 fév 2004, à 01:14 Europe/Zurich, Ralph Goers a écrit :

> ...I have no problem with using flowscript to
> manage a couple of pages that are linked together  (i.e. - a form to
> fill
> out followed by a confirmation page). But using it for more than this
> violates the separation of concerns principal that Cocoon strives to
> achieve
> through the sitemap. It is far too easy to start throwing all your
> business
> as well as presentation logic into flowscript and soon you'll end up
> with
> something worse than JSPs....

Agreed - but many powerful tools can be abused or dangerous if you
don't play by the rules. Take a fast motorbike for example, Flow might
be our V-Max currently ;-)

I think we're still exploring the many avenues that Flow opens, and,
after some time, we'll know what to use and what not to use. But
prematurely limiting options would prevent us from going forward.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.biketown.co.uk/Bike_Reviews/Yamaha/VMax/VMax.html