cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject RE: disabling widgets
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:24:19 GMT
Reinhard Poetz dijo:
> From: Antonio Gallardo
>> Based on some observation while no-tech oriented users filled
>> HTML forms. It makes clear to me that they don't liked the
>> round-trip to the server. It was confusing to him! It is
>> clear a non-conventional interface. Also it waste time, no
>> matter how fast the connection (including the server) are.
>> The observation was related to calculated widgets.
>
> I made similar observations too. This means to me that we have to offer
> a clear client-side Javascript interface in order to control the
> widgets.

This is why I think it would be fine to create a XUL interface reference
for CForms. I am sure XUL can help more than HTML. I know the problem with
XUL is that it currently only works in Mozilla and this is not a good idea
in public Internet webapp. But in Intranets webapp we can have control of
the clients too. ;-)

I will do it a try.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.