cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Problem: Building Cocoon with ant under Eclipse 3.0M7
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:24:00 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino dijo:
> Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> I do not know what is causing your problem, and whether your problem is
>> solved in ant 1.6.1.
>> Maybe it is a problem connected to Eclipse integration.
>>
>> I do not really have a clue why you are getting this illegal argument
>> exception.
>>

> I was hit by that a few days ago on a different project, and it's an
> endorsed problem, due to a wrong Xerces version. Now, don't ask me how
> to fix that in eclipse, but if you can make ant use Cocoon's xerces you
> should be fine.

This is a very weird error. I am compiling and debugging Cocoon CVS with
Eclipse 3.0 M7 and no problems reported.

I don't think the problem is releated to Xerces in ant 1.6.1:

Eclipse 3.0 M7 uses Ant 1.6.0 and XML4J 4.0.13 based on Xerces 2.0.0
<website>http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xml4j</website>
Cocoon 2.1.5-dev (CVS) uses Ant 1.6.1 and Xerces 2.6.2

I will review the build system if there can be a potential problem.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo