cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/bindingBindin g.java JXPathBindingBase.java JXPathBindingBuilderBase.java AggregateJXPathBinding.javaJXPathBindingManager.java
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:29:27 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> I think you are "overformatting" a bit - note changes in license and
> broken CVS $Id$

Thanks for reviewing. It is done on CVS.

> And please keep function arguments aligned after '('.

I am aware of this, what I am trying to do is a "trade off" between showed
code in a screen vrs. formatting of the sources. I think it is good to see
a method in just 1 screen (in eclipse we have cca. 32 lines per screen -
long time ago it was just 25 lines per screen - text consoles). Also there
is also a requirement of 80 columns per line. I try to stick to 80 cols
per line and also try to see a method in just one screen. I had a teacher
in the university that endless repeated us:

"If a function cannot be seen in just one screen, then the function is
doing too much work. Review the function and try to break it in smaller
pieces."

Of course there are some exceptions to the above rule, but are rather
rare. (Anyway, it is OT) .... I know it is old wisdom and not sure if is
still valid. It is a good idea. ie: For code reviewers it allow them to
see all the code at once.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo