cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Licenses of Libraries [was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/html/libjtidy-04aug2000r7-dev.jar.license]
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:50:38 GMT
Geoff Howard dijo:
> What about just adding an element for licence location to jars.xml?  e.g.,
>
> <<file>
>         <title>Avalon Excalibur DataSource</title>
>         <description>Part of avalon, it is a set of classes and patterns
> that support high level server development.</description>
>         <used-by>Cocoon</used-by>
>         <lib>databases/lib/excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar</lib>
>     <homepage>http://avalon.apache.org/excalibur/</homepage>
>     <license>legal/LICENSE.avalon</license>
> </file>

This is a good idea Geoff. I also will add a change in the licences
extension. Currently we have problems because the usage of non-standard
extension. If we use eclipse, then we post this files as binary. This is
not good. The workaround is to reconfigure eclipse to recognize the
extensions:

.avalon, etc

as text files. The process is boring and not reliable (how we can be sure
every committer will set eclipse in this way?).

I short I will be glad if we define an standard extension to this files
too. For example: .txt

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.