cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: Licenses of Libraries [was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/html/libjtidy-04aug2000r7-dev.jar.license]
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:50:38 GMT
Geoff Howard dijo:
> What about just adding an element for licence location to jars.xml?  e.g.,
> <<file>
>         <title>Avalon Excalibur DataSource</title>
>         <description>Part of avalon, it is a set of classes and patterns
> that support high level server development.</description>
>         <used-by>Cocoon</used-by>
>         <lib>databases/lib/excalibur-datasource-1.1.1.jar</lib>
>     <homepage></homepage>
>     <license>legal/LICENSE.avalon</license>
> </file>

This is a good idea Geoff. I also will add a change in the licences
extension. Currently we have problems because the usage of non-standard
extension. If we use eclipse, then we post this files as binary. This is
not good. The workaround is to reconfigure eclipse to recognize the

.avalon, etc

as text files. The process is boring and not reliable (how we can be sure
every committer will set eclipse in this way?).

I short I will be glad if we define an standard extension to this files
too. For example: .txt

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

View raw message