cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] rethinking the cache storage system
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:17:01 GMT
Hi:

I think a cache storage system is IMHO a very good idea. A piece of history:

1- Initial idea of using jisp:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100781998632619&w=2

2-is this is still valid?: "B-Tree indexed file vs filesystem directory"
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100816638410528&w=2

3-"The jisp store is definitely better..."
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101120120825438&w=2

Well, I think all the pointed mails + others in the devel maillist clearly
stated that it is better have a database in the storage than any
filesystem. Did we need to retest it again?

So I will be glad if people here seriously consider Apache JCS. It is used
in many other Apache projects it is from our own workshop and it can work
with jisp too.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo