cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:16:57 GMT
Steven Noels dijo:
> On 20 Feb 2004, at 12:52, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>> hm... what do they do?
>> maybe we should talk to them and coordinate efforts?
>
> +1 - seems like the best plan to go forward without over-reacting.

Did we need a VOTE?

Good news!
I already read some info of JCS and looks like the jisp usage is optional:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/jcs/JCSPackageInformation.html

In this document under "Auxiliary caches":

o.a.s.j.auxiliary.disk
---------------------
The primary disk auxiliary. Objects are serialized to a file on disk. This
implementation uses memory keys and performs quite well. Recomended for
most cases.

o.a.s.j.auxiliary.disk.jisp
Disk cache implemented with the Java Indexed Serialization Package , which
allows serialization of objects to B-Tree indexed tables on disk. This is
quite slow currently.

o.a.s.j.auxiliary.disk.hsql
A disk cache using Hypersonic SQL to serialize the contained objects.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo