cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject RE: Renaming Rhino Packages
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:15:18 GMT
Reinhard Poetz dijo:

> From: Christopher Oliver
>
>> What do you think of renaming the Rhino packages in the cocoondev.org
>> version of Rhino used by Cocoon? It appears both Weblogic and
>> Websphere
>> ship their own versions of Rhino that are exposed to the class loader
>> used by Cocoon. This prevents using flowscript "out-of-the-box" or at
>> all with these containers. Although this is a brute force approach it
>> seems straightforward and foolproof to implement. In contrast,
>> attempting to implement some form of class loader isolation seems
>> difficult and error prone given the lack of a proper architecture to
>> support it in Rhino, Cocoon, and in Weblogic and Websphere.
>>
>> Your thoughts?
>
> I've proposed this some time ago so +1 from me. From a technical POV it
> would make sense to move the sources into the Cocoon CVS but IIRC the
> board wouldn't be happy with this step.

I don't like this idea because of the forking we will encourage. I think
the best approach is to try to integrate the continuations in mozilla.

BTW, how many classes are there? Maybe we can divide the work and that way
it could be easier. If we will do this, would be fine to talk with mozilla
people about this.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo