cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [JXTemplate] - No exception showed using no valid chars.
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 00:14:45 GMT
Hi Christian:

Christopher Oliver dijo:
> Try:
>
> ${item['pac_descripción']}

Thans for the suggestion. But this was not the case. The variable name in
fact is without "ó": "pac_descripcion"

But because in spanish the word is with "ó", I wrote it in that way and
then the JXTemplate page does not work anymore!!!

I tought, where is the problem? When a variable does not exist JXTemplate
do nothing, but works. Now I got a blank page without any error messages.
What happen here?

This is why after hunting the problem, I made a test and reported it to
inform about this issue.

> As regards the blank page I just checked in a fix to catch TokenMgrError
> (which is an Error, not an Exception) in this case and wrap it in a
> SAXException.

Thanks. I will try it. :-D

> I'm completely ignorant about non-ascii environments so I'm not sure if
> pac_descripción should be a legal Jexl identifier (is a legal Java
> identifier BTW?).

I don't know too. In this case is irrelevant. My point was about how we
currently manage the exception. Cocoon does not show nothing. This is the
problem I tried to point out.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo