cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] rethinking the cache storage system
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:27:23 GMT
Le Lundi, 23 fév 2004, à 17:20 Europe/Zurich, Scott Robert Ladd a écrit
:

> ...When I've written cache system, I've always used the file system
> directly. The only catch is that some operating systems limit the
> number of files on disk or in a directory; a very active server could
> hit those limits using individual files....

And on certain filesystems, lookups from filenames to files can be slow
if there are many files in the same directory.

If we go for direct filesystem storage (which I think should be
perfectly ok to implement a Store), I think we need a clever mapping
scheme to avoid having more than N files in the same directory.

-Bertrand