cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <>
Subject Re: [ANN + RT] - CForms and XUL rendering
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:32:17 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:58:58AM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
> I already posted a link to the same article in the user list. while
> digesting it in my brain, I found it is a good idea to review the part
> related to "Java-based Rich User Interfaces" in relation to CForms:
> IMHO, would be fine to show CForms rendering for XUL. Much was talked that
> CForms are tied to an (X)HTML rendering and showing the same forms
> rendered using XUL will be a killer sample. Is this correct?
> Another idea (maybe beyond the limits of Cocoon project) is a CForms
> workshop, able to "generate" all the file needed by CForms. I know this is
> not an easy task, but is very nice.

This workshop could itself be implemented in CForms, using as a seed the
Form Model GUI at http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/form_model_gui.flow
This would need to be extended to include bindings, templates, etc. and
to have additional views to ease forms development.  The current view is
of the structure of the form model.  A prototype view could be added,
where a form would be displayed similarly to how it would be presented
to an end user, but with a drill-down design that allows visual editing
of the underlying widget definitions, bindings, and templates, as well
as any other related form-specific configuration, such as for OJB.

> I cannot stop thinking in an RAD tool oriented to building DB webapp using
> Flow+CForms+JXTemplateGenerator+OJB. Of course the relative new
> introduction of all these components in Cocoon makes the overall idea
> closer than ever!

Exactly what I was thinking and planning.  Thanks for posting the idea.

--Tim Larson

View raw message