cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alan <alan-coc...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: Announce: Momento
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:50:37 GMT
* Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com> [2004-02-17 11:55]:
> Alan wrote:
>
> >* Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> [2004-02-17 06:55]:
> >

> >>Le Mardi, 17 f?v 2004, ? 07:42 Europe/Zurich, Alan a ?crit :

> >>hmmm..this sounds very interesting but for me the next step would be to
> >>have code that I can read and play with.
> >>
> >>Can we download Momento somewhere? I didn't find download links on your
> >>web site.
> >>

> >Bertrand
> >
> >   I don't have a license yet. I am asking people about licensing.
> >   Apache, Mozilla, GPL, LGPL.
> >

> AFAIU, there is a licensing issue with Saxon. It uses MPL 1.0, which is
> not acceptable to ASF, but MPL 1.1 is ok (any updates on this issue? was
> this decision "final"?)

Curious.

    I'd like to see a Momento Cocoon block. I'd like to have Saxon
    for that. Otherwise, I'd have to look into making Momento
    available via Xerces.

    Michael Kay, author of Saxon, is participating on the Momento
    mailing list. It would be a good place to discuss licensing
    issues and hopefully resolve them.

        momento-subscribe@engrm.com

    Otherwise, I am going to have to shuttle between lists on this
    matter especially.

> As for your code, take a look at ALv2, Apache License version 2.

Let me do so. There may be a steep learning curve, for me. I would
    have hoped that BSD style licenses could play together. I
    thought I'd just do as Saxon does, but if it means Momento runs
    afoul of Apache XML, that won't do.

    Thank you for the link Steven.

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/