cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Toper <nto...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: XQuery support
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:57:36 GMT
Well, sorry :=)

It seems already done.

----------  Message transmis  ----------

Subject: [xml-dev] [ANN] eXist 1.0 beta1 featuring XQuery
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:43:33 +0100
From: Wolfgang Meier <wolfgang@exist-db.org>
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I'm pleased to announce the first beta release of eXist 1.0. eXist is an open
source native XML database, now adding support for XQuery 1.0 (November, 2003
working draft).

XQuery features include modules, static type checking, constructors, dynamic
execution, and many extension functions. The query engine passes most of the
XQuery use cases (excluding the strong use cases, which are currently beyond
our scope).

The new XQueryServlet and XQueryGenerator for Cocoon provide a simple way to
write web applications in XQuery. In addition, the release contains
many bugfixes, improved locking and caching strategies, and support for
binary resources.

Downloads and demos are available at

http://exist-db.org

Thanks,

Wolfgang Meier

P.S.: Please excuse if I unintentionally posted this message twice (caused by
the current mail chaos at the university computing center).