cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Are flowscript functions reentrant?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:20:42 GMT
Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> writes:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>
> >Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> asks:
> >

> >>sendPage*() is not reentrant in 2.1.3. I believe this has
> >>been fixed in
> >>2.1.4-dev.  Can you try it?
> >>

> >Ok, now have 2.1.4-dev from last night working.  It only runs as an
> >expanded EAR file (we deploy Cocoon in an EAR to JBoss).
> When running
> >as a standard EAR I get the source resolver issues discussed
> elsewhere
> >in this thread.
> >

> It appears a URLSource whose  exists()  method  returns true
> but whose
> getInputStream() method returns null is being returned for "/org".
> Anyone know why that would be? I couldn't recreate this on Windows.
> Peter, are you running on Unix? <Speculation>The jar entry "/org" is
> being returned</Speculation>.

No, I'm running under Windows, but as I said we also deploy as an EAR
under Jboss.  When I deploy expanded (the EAR is not Jarred up), the
error does not occur (go figure)....

> >Unfortunately, the reentrancy problem is NOT fixed (sigh)....
> >

> What error do you get?

Same as before; last request from a SendPage* into the pipeline clobbers
the previous requests if they are running on the samepline.

To recreate build a long running pipeline (we're returning about 1,000
rows out of a possible 9,000,000 rows in our case) and call it twice
with different request parameters that are supposed to return different
results:  Eg; a generator that wraps request generator and sleeps for 30
seconds or so before returning.