cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: A Decision on Jisp
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:58:15 GMT
On 23 Feb 2004, at 16:45, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>> As suggested previously: could you please remove the ASF link from
>> the Jisp page?
>
> That seems like a rather petty request, given that Jisp *is* currently
> in use by many (most?) Cocoon implementations.

I wouldn't call it "petty", rather "logical" - but I will leave the
uptake of this suggestion up to your own judgement. We went at great
length to treat you and your personal ambitions with care and respect.
We now politely ask for a favor in return.

> "For several years, the Apache project used Jisp; that will no longer
> be the case, as the Apache Cocoon group is replacing Jisp due a
> conflict between the Apache license and the GNU General Public License
> (GPL). You can find my take on recent licensing conflicts (which
> extend far beyond my own little corner of the universe) in <link>A
> Matter of License</link>."
>
> The change will be made later this week, when I finish my article on
> licenses.

Please review http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html as
some background reading for your article, and (IMHO) do take into
account the fundamental differences between the FSF and the ASF
organizations, differences which are not only explained by the license
policy of the respective organisations.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org