cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Input Model
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:45:58 GMT
Le Mercredi, 25 fév 2004, à 16:49 Europe/Zurich, Daniel Fagerstrom a
écrit :

<snip-plenty-of-good-stuff/>

> ...But in many cases using SAX based XML as in pipelines is not enough
> we need a data structure i.e. DOM. This leads to flowscript components
> that reads some input format to DOM and from DOM to some output format
> or some store. We also will need flowscript components that go from
> DOM to DOM...

Just trying to understand from a practical point of view, does this
mean something like

<map:generate type="request"/>
<map:transform src="prepare-query-for-user-preferences"/>
<map:transform type="sql"/>
<map:call function="myFlow()" dom-input="domIn"/>

At which point myFlow() is called with a "domIn" variable containing
the current pipeline XML as a DOM?

And maybe the opposite:
<map:call function="myFlow()" dom-output="domOut"/>
meaning that myFlow() is expected to write a DOM structure to domOut
for insertion in the pipeline?

-Bertrand