cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java continuations with joeq
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:36:19 GMT
Le Samedi, 21 fév 2004, à 17:13 Europe/Zurich, Christopher Oliver a
écrit :

> ...I did some informal tests and it appears to actually be slower than
> interpreted Rhino (not sure exactly why, perhaps because Rhino
> bytecodes are higher level), but was significantly faster than
> BeanShell (which  is a Java source code interpreter).

Is it a lot slower, do you think it would make a significant difference?

> 2) It has an LGPL license.

Means we might have to talk its author into changing the license, it
wouldn't be the first one ;-)

Note also an interesting comment of Geert Bevin on Steven's weblog at
http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/archives/001745.html, he says
"I'll soon have added support for continuations with Groovy in RIFE too"

 From what I've seen Groovy looks like a very nice and fairly complete
scripting language, which also has an ASF-like license.

So, if Groovy is really close to have continuations, we might want to
wait or help?

The only mention of continuations that I found on the groovy mailing
lists is at
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.groovy.devel/298

-Bertrand