cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: @author tags (WAS: RE: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004)
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:38:57 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:
<snip/>

> Searching the CVS logs for an author is nonsense, since the history get
> lost if we move the files around or create new repositories, like we
> do in the past.
>
> And the CHANGES are not really complete. Using AUTHOR tags in the source
> files is a good practice, IMHO.
>
> -1, Stephan.

Why does anyone need to search for an "author". This is an
opensource project where the whole community is responsible.
We actively discourage personal contact of the committers.
We also encourage all communications to be on-list so that
everyone can hear the discussions, participate, learn, and help.
Discussions that are taken off-list into personal groups,
detract from the opensource way.

--David