cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:45:25 GMT
On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 21:43, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Some people is currently using woody for development. On the other side we
> > need a test area to implement some enhancements in woody that affect
> > critical parts of woody. Sometimes it can broke the woody block. For these
> > reason we think it is a good idea to have an scratchpad area for woody
> > developement. In this scratchpad area, we can freely implement and test
> > new features before we move them inside the woody block.
> >
> > Of course the Woody scratchpad area will be created after the 2.1.4 release.
>
> +1
>
> I also think it's a good idea to considering solidifying the form
> methodology by:
>
>   1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a while now)

I'm with Joerg here, there's no harm in leaving it sit there for a
little longer, and there are people using it.

I'd be +1 for removing all its documentation from the site though.

>   2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this counts as +1
> to that)

+1

>   3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon Forms (we
> should stop calling it woody)

+1 for the rename
-1 for moving it into core, for the same reasons as Joerg.

> For people that expected Cocoon 2.2 to make this happening, well, I
> think we should get it done in Cocoon 2.1.5 instead.

Cocoon 2.2 is indeed too far off, but 2.1.5 seems way to soon for me. I
think a more realistic target would be August/September. Even then, it
will mean that we've gone from nothing to a first release in just one
year, which is by all open source standards pretty fast.