cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:00:02 GMT
On 18 Feb 2004, at 23:11, Upayavira wrote:

> In fact, from that page, I can see that there is a GPL version, but
> that the Saxon version is in fact issued on a BSD style licence, and
> is thus okay. Depending upon which version of Aelfred we have in CVS,
> this licence issue might be a red-herring.

Saxon itself is the culprit, being MPL 1.0 which is considered
"incompatible" with the ASL. And Michael Kay isn't capable on his own
to change the license since Saxon bears copyright from both Mike and
his former employer ICL, which seems to be unreachable for this matter.

AElfred itself seems to be OK though, because it comes with an
LGPL-style license with an extra clause about linking (which was the
main problem between LGPL & ASL).

IANAL so please chime in with remarks.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org