cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:47:21 GMT

From: Bertrand Delacretaz

> Le Vendredi, 13 fév 2004, à 09:45 Europe/Zurich, Bruno Dumon a écrit :
>
> >> ...  1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a

> >> while now)
> >
> > I'm with Joerg here, there's no harm in leaving it sit there for a
> > little longer, and there are people using it.
> >
> > I'd be +1 for removing all its documentation from the site though.
>
> +1
> Good idea, strong sign of deprecation
>

> >>   2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this
> counts as
> >> +1
> >> to that)
> >

> +1

+1

> >>   3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon
> Forms (we
> >> should stop calling it woody)
> >
> > +1 for the rename
> > -1 for moving it into core, for the same reasons as Joerg.
>
> Same here, IIRC there was agreement on keeping the core as small as
> possible and not everybody needs Forms.

+1 to renaming it ASAP (BTW, do we need a formal vote for the archives?
+I know we all agreed on this at Ghent but I also know there were not
+all developers there. Or have we already voted on this?)

> I also agree with doing this soon (i.e. when whoever does it wants to
> do it), no need to wait for 2.2 IMHO. Better solidify soon and have
> less examples and docs to update. The downside is frustrating some
> users but this is alpha stuff, isn't it?

As soon as we have a stable CForms block changing interfaces needs a
formal vote. So I think at this point a CForms-scratchpad would make
sense but as long as CForms is marked as unstable it looks funny.

After reading this I think we should release a stable CForms block ASAP.
Regarding Bugzilla
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=25099 we
aren't so far from this point.
The most important point is stable interfaces but with the move to the
new block we can evaluate every single line of code. Anybody already
working on this?

--
Reinhard