cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Renaming Rhino Packages
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:31:46 GMT

From: Christopher Oliver

> What do you think of renaming the Rhino packages in the cocoondev.org
> version of Rhino used by Cocoon? It appears both Weblogic and
> Websphere
> ship their own versions of Rhino that are exposed to the class loader
> used by Cocoon. This prevents using flowscript "out-of-the-box" or at
> all with these containers. Although this is a brute force approach it
> seems straightforward and foolproof to implement. In contrast,
> attempting to implement some form of class loader isolation seems
> difficult and error prone given the lack of a proper architecture to
> support it in Rhino, Cocoon, and in Weblogic and Websphere.
>
> Your thoughts?

I've proposed this some time ago so +1 from me. From a technical POV it
would make sense to move the sources into the Cocoon CVS but IIRC the
board wouldn't be happy with this step.

If it happens one day that your continuation support becomes part of
Rhino we can talk again what to do because it will certainly take some
time until all containers use the latest continuation-enabled Rhino.

--
Reinhard