cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Switching to licence 2.0?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:35:51 GMT

From: Roy T. Fielding

> > Hey licensing@, can we switch to the 2.0 license right now? Are the
> > instructions of the wiki correct?
>
> I have updated them (they were correct, but were a bit too terse).
>
> I really hate having this kind of thing in a wiki.  It should
> be under http://www.apache.org/dev/
>
> Note that antoine has been working on a python script that is
> available in the committers/relicense module.

--> this seems to be the good news :-)

After reading the instructions I think we have more to do as expected:
"Should the license be included in source files for documentation (e.g.
XML that is transformed to HTML)?
Yes. All source files should include the copyright notice boilerplate
that indicates it is owned by the ASF and that it is distributed under
the Apache License, Version 2.0. "
--> and this is the bad news as we so have much more work as expected
:-(

--
Reinhard