cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <j.heini...@ewerk.com>
Subject [Woody] Other issues
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:13:29 GMT
I want to continue my list with issues of Woody/CForms or FlowScript:

12. Replacing <input type="submit"/> with <button/> is what I want to do in my
application. When trying it I got an exception

"file:/C:/Projekte/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/erak/flow/form.js", line 98:
uncaught JavaScript exception: TypeError: Cannot convert null to an object. (fil
e:/C:/Projekte/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/erak/flow/form.js; line 98)

The problem is I don't have a line 98 in my script. The above line 98 refers to
the Woody script (woody2.js). So in some special situations the file is wrong. I
came across this error regularly in most different situations and errors.

13. Now the replacing itself - why it failed? I made tests and at the end had a
look at the request parameters.

input type="submit":
PARAM: 'debitors.0.display' VALUES: '[Anzeigen]'
PARAM: 'debitors.size' VALUES: '[2]'
PARAM: 'woody_submit_id' VALUES: '[]'

button type="submit":
PARAM: 'debitors.0.display' VALUES: '[]'
PARAM: 'debitors.size' VALUES: '[2]'
PARAM: 'woody_submit_id' VALUES: '[]'

As you can see only one little difference. But while input needs @value, button
does not need it (the value is added as child nodes). When I added @value it
works. Now my question: Why is the value of the repeater submit widget important
for accessing it? Is it a bug?

Joerg