cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <j.heini...@ewerk.com>
Subject Re: [Woody] observations, issues, questions, best practices
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:13:25 GMT
Joerg Heinicke <j.heinicke <at> ewerk.com> writes:

> 05: var formtype = cocoon.parameters["formtype"];
> 19: var functionName = "display" + formtype;
> 20: print(functionName);
> 21: var function = this[functionName];
>
> SyntaxError: missing variable name
> (file:/C:/Projekte/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/samples/erak/flow/form.js;
> line 21)
>
> The print in line 20 is not executed, another print before writing just
> 'starting form handling' is neither, so it's something like preparsing. At
> that time functionName is of course not available. Changing the above line
> 19 - 21 to just var function = this["display" + formtype]; works. Can you
> tell me why?

*argh* I had the idea 30 seconds after writing it: function is a preserved word.
What I had yesterday working was not
var function = this["display" + formtype];
but
this["display" + formtype].apply(form, args);
directly. Sometimes one should simply copy & paste code and not try to beautify
the code ...

Joerg