cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD Eric <eburg...@free.fr>
Subject strange behavior in xslt transformation with document()
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:51:53 GMT
Hi everybody,

While playing with forrest/cocoon/xslt, i found something very strange.

I've got two different behavior of a document() function inside an xslt
stylesheet. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature.

If document() takes its parameter from a stylesheet variable ($filename),
xalan try to load the file from the same directory than the .xsl file.

If it takes its parameter from an attribute of the .xml which is being
transformed (@filename), it try to load the file from the same directory
than the .xml file.

Any idea ?

file.xml
--------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<test1/>
<test2 filename="test.xml/>

file.xsl
--------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:param name="filename"/>

<xsl:template match="test1">
        <xsl:apply-template select="document($filename)"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="test2">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="document(@filename)"/>
</xsl:template>