cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Mail thread headers (was Re: source resolving in 2.2)
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:46:03 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Unico Hommes wrote:

<snip/>

>>> I use Outlook. I checked the thread view in Thunderbird but it wasn't a
>>> problem there. What client are you using? I may rise to the opportunity
>>> to finally exorcise The Evil Empire from controlling my inbox ;-)
>>

>> Read carefully: "...which breaks thread views in _Mozilla_..." ;-)
>>
>> Are other people experiencing this also?
>

> Yes, but I was very interested to hear they may have this solved in
> Thunderbird.  I recently happened to look into what headers were being
> sent by mozilla and outlook and did think it looked like something a
> reader could solve...

Actually, Unico is not the only one. What I've found is that Mozilla
uses the In-Reply-To header whereas Outlook (at least some version) uses
"Thread-Topic" and "Thread-Index".

Outlook's headers seem strange to me, as I don't know how a mailer can
rebuild a thread tree with just an indentifier for the thread, but no
information about the posts relationships.

Sylvain