cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de>
Subject [cforms] Extending from Binding classes
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:30:48 GMT
In our forms we often have to handle input parameters from an image
within a form. When the user clicks in an image the browser transfers
parameters of the form img.x and img.y

To handle this we implemented an ImageWidget, that is able to store the
value (the image name) and additionally the x and y value.

Now we try to develop a special binding, as we have to get access to
some properties of the widget (x and y).

We therefore tried to inherit from JXpathBindingBuilderBase and
JXPathBindingBase but access to class CommonAttributes is not allowed.
Is this an intended feature of the binding framework?

With our own binding implementation we would like to benefit from the
common attributes like load-enabled or save-enabled even if our class is
in another package than the binding classes coming with woody.

What do you think about this?

Harald