cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon performance results
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:04:06 GMT
Rottmann, Lars wrote:

>This is a rather complex process. Everything starts with a raw personalized
>page from a generator, followed by 2+ transformations. These transformations
>are executed by a hierarchy of several stylesheets. Finally the page gets
>serialized with a special encoding and charset suited for the users device.
>Apart from that we have pipelines for all types of images including SVG
>I hope this answers your question.

These are very impressive results, which are definitely important to
convince people that Cocoon can handle very high loads.

 From the settings you describe, however, I guess you use big machines.
Setting the heapsize to 80Gb is not something everybody can do!!!

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. It is very much appreciated.

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message