cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - IOException closing stream in Cocoon Servlet
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:42:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This changes was suggested by Peter Hunsberger:
>
> Overview:
> =========
>
> When Cocoon attempt to close an already closed stream you get an IO
> exception. If the user keeps closing the session the error doesn't tell
> you why, just that it happened. If it's an error on the client side and I
> personally can't see that I care about it on the server (Cocoon) side.
>
> A full discussion here:
>
> Here is the vote:

  1- [+1] Cocoon will don't throw any exception when this happen.
  2- [-1] Log the event at INFO level.
  3- [+1] Log the event at DEBUG level.

*IMPORTANT*
IIRC this is at least the *fourth* time this is discussed and changed
since I've been on this list. Thus I *highly* recommend that the
decision and motives of this vote are included in the comments of the
file and that a unit test is written, also with the same comments, that
checks that this decision is enforced.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -