cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submitting form in onchange event
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:16:20 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> On 15.01.2004 23:34, Upayavira wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to have an on-change event actually submit the form, rather
>>> than just execute the <wd:on-value-changed> javascript code.
>>>
>>> How can I do this?
>>>
>>> Otherwise, the on-value-changed javascript doesn't have access to
>>> the local variables of the main flowscript, which I need to
>>> repopulate my form for redisplay. (I know I can get hold of the
>>> bizObject from the request attribute, but it all seems rather hard
>>> work to use it there. There's an elegance I'm missing).
>>

>> You changed the woody stylesheet for the radio buttons, so you
>> already came across @submit-on-change. Why not using the same for a
>> field?
>

> Because it goes back to the server, yes, but doesn't actually leave
> the showForm function, which is what I'm after.

Currently, the only widgets that can potentially automatically exit
showForm are <wd:submit> widgets. "Potentially" since of course the form
is redisplayed if validation is asked and fails.

The Form object has a endProcessing(boolean redisplayForm) method that
could be use in the <wd:on-value-change> to achieve this.

Sylvain (currently swamped)