cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:30:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> 2) The Forrest build system is complex. It would be good to automate
> the publishing of DTD versions, but that may not be possible.

Could you please explain a bit more? If it's just about placing the
schema dir, or some of those dirs, in a predefined place, it can be done
quite easily.

> 3) The Forrest website is built using the "stable" version of
> Forrest (currently v0.5.1). So how will DTDs from the current
> CVS (v0.6-dev) get into the website CVS [3]? Manual copy? See 4).

Aaah, so you want to publish them on the site CVS (I was thinking of
pushing them to the site, but you are right)...

> 4) If some committer changes the DTDs in CVS then they will be
> out-of-sync. Will committers remember to do the manual copy? See 3).

I can check and make sure that the build system tells the committer to
do so, or a script that checks every night for consistency can be done.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -