cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarification of ResourceNotFoundException - proposal
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:16:08 GMT
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to propose a clarification of a certain type of error. Every now
>and then I forget to add a <map:serializer/> to a pipeline, which results
>in:
>
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
>org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
><name of pipeline>
>
>Original Exception: org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline
>matched request: <name of pipeline>
>

>Is it possible to do either one or all of the following:
>
>1. check the sitemap code to see if the pipeline is there but misses a
>serializer and add the default one.
>
>2. adjust the error message to include something like: "check if you forgot
>the serializer"

I understand your concern, and actually there are two very different
cases to distinguish:
1 - as indicated, "no pipeline matched request", i.e. the URL does not
correspond to something handled by the sitemap
2 - a pipeline was partially built, but was not properly terminated with
a serializer.

This only in that second case that your proposal applies, and this is a
good idea.

Sylvain