cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Woody template transformer using jx macros
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:25:43 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Continuing my conversation with myself....

Well, continue, this conversation is very interesting ;-)

Seriously, having woody templates in a generator is IMO a must have, as
there are many cases where just "inserting" widgets is not enough, and
the page structure depends on the properties of the widgets.

An example is repeaters, where we may want a different display for empty
repeaters and non-empty repeaters.

BTW, this work heavily relies on jx:evalBody which I never heard of
before. This greatly enhances the power of macros.

Sylvain