cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [portal] Tab navigation
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:34:00 GMT
Alex Romayev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed the following behaviour in the portal
> sample:
>
> 1. After logging in, click on "TabDemo2" tab
> 2. Click on "Three" subtab
> 3. Click on "Main" tab
> 4. Click again on "TabDemo2" tab
>
> At this point, subtab "Three" is shown, i.e. the last
> visited tab.  Typically I would expect to see subtab
> "One", i.e. the main tab's landing page.
>
> Is this behaviour intentional?  Is there a way to turn
> it off?

Yes, this is intentional :) The tab implementation is stateful, which means
the current state of a tab is stored in the session of the user.
It can be turned off by changing the configuration of the portal. But it's
not a simple on/off switch (or I oversee something). So, we have to go into
the configuration hell of the portal!

The solution I see, is creating two tabs, one that is stateful (for the
main tab) and one that is stateless (for the embedded tab).

HTH
Carsten