cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: source resolving in 2.2
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:42:51 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> I haven't thought it all the way through either but I see some
> complexity arising now.
>
> For instance in a subsitemap the components container must inherit from
> the supersitemaps components container. But the subsitemaps node
> container needs to inherit from both the supersitemaps node container
> and the subsitemaps component container. This cannot be accomplished by
> allowing the subsitemap component container to inherit from the
> supersitemap node container because then the subsitemap components would
> have access to the supersitemap nodes. Still with me ;-)

Yes :)

> It looks as if some kind of multiple container inheritance is needed?

Hmm. Ok, for me this sounds too complex, but the current approach is not
safe as any component can lookup a tree processor node. Is this right?

So we need an easy and safe solution. Perhaps using the container to build
the tree is not the right way to go? (I really don't know)

Some thoughts?

Carsten