cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <>
Subject Re: [OT] Mail & Web forums
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:35:18 GMT
I know of a ruby one that bridges mailing lists and nntp (ask about it
on, but not forum software. I have thought
about writing one for a long time though (add in streaming them as
categorizable rss/atom/??? feeds (category/thread/subthread for feed
categorization uri a la blosxom) as well) but haven't had the proper

If you cannot find anything contact me and I'll help write one that
does it =)

On Jan 16, 2004, at 11:09 AM, Upayavira wrote:

> [Off topic alert - this is completely off topic, but I'm stuck for
> anywhere else to look - please excuse me!]
> I'm looking for a system (preferably open source) that I can install
> on my own server, that'll allow me to set up a combined mailing
> list/web based forum, (much as we have now with ezmlm and gmane),
> i.e.messages can be sent by email or on a web page, messages can be
> received by email or viewed, threaded, on a web page. I can't use
> Gmane as these lists will be private.
> Anyone able to give me pointers (replies off list are fine)? I've been
> looking for months and not found anything.
> Sorry for the noise.
> Regards, Upayavira

View raw message